To login, you can head to http://miami.happeningmag.com/wp-admin. Alternatively, there is a link to log in on the Calendar page.
Below are some tips, tricks & rules for participating as an Event Contributor. Save this link so that you can refer back to it later on.
- All calendar listings are reviewed by the editorial team. Please allow 2-3 business days for publishing.
Tips For A Good Calendar Entry
- Make sure to include all relevant event information (date, time place, contact info, etc). Make sure the reader has all of the information needed to attend your event.
- Formatting matters. Do not write in all CAPS, in strange fonts, or many colors.
- Be sure to proofread your content to ensure that you put your best foot forward.
IMPORTANT: Intellectual Property
- You must own or control the copyright to all content you submit. Content submissions must not contain any copyrighted material, including artwork, other photos, sculptures, architecture, exhibits or audio which are copyrighted. Additionally, content submissions may not contain trademarks, service marks or other indication of origin, including logos, owned by third parties.
- Images submitted must: be original work by you, have express permission to publish from the owner, or be expressly labeled for reuse (https://creativecommons.org/about/).
Event descriptions should be brief. Calendar submissions greater than 100 words will not be approved. Please do not place links within the text. They will be removed and may result in a delay in approval.
Adding And Editing Events
Under the Events menu, click the Add New menu item. You’ll be taken to the Add New Event screen, where you can fill in the information about your event.
- Enter the title of your event in the field that reads Enter title here.
- Enter the start and end times of your event.
- Enter the event location details, and click “show map” if you think that it would be helpful.
- Under “Event Cost and Tickets,” indicate if your event is free or has a cost associated to it. You may add a link to the ticket URL if you have one.
- Provide contact information about yourself or the person in charge of your event, in case readers need to reach out.
- Enter a description of your event in the text editor.
- Make sure to click “Submit for Review.”
- Your event will be submitted to the editorial team at this point for final review.
Adding An Image To Your Event
To add an image to your event, go to the “Edit event” page and click the “Add Media” button , which is just below the Organizer Info section. This will open the Media Uploader. You can upload items from your computer or link to a URL. Then click Insert Into Post. This will insert your media into the post.
The Featured Image is the image that pops up when the event is scrolled over on certain pages.
To add a featured image, click on “Set Featured Image” link inside the Featured Image box on the bottom right side of the screen.This will open the Media Uploader. You can upload items from your computer or link to a URL. If you have already added an image to your event description, you do not need to upload it twice. Just find it in the Media Library and select it. Then click Insert Into Post. This will insert your media into the post.Once you select the image, simply click on Set Featured Image button.
Categories And Tags
You may see a box called “Tags” on the page. Our website doesn’t utilize this functionality and provides no additional value to your calendar entrey.
Categories, on the other hand, are quite important. Readers can sort their view of the calendar by category. Be sure to check off all appropriate categories for your event.
Using Recurring Events
If you have an event that occurs at a regular interval, you may set up a recurring event.
- To set up a recurring event, check the “Repeat” option in the Event Date and Time box.
- Select whether your event occurs as a weekly, daily or monthly pattern.
- Select the end date.
- IMPORTANT! If your event happens every day for a period of days, do not choose the start date/time as the first date of your event and your end date/time as the last date. The start date/time should be the time it starts each day, and the end date/time should be the time it ends each day. Then check the “Repeat” option, select “Daily” and in the “End:” drop down box, select the end date.